Boundary Training & Emergency Planning
In this comprehensive workshop, we empower elders and church leaders to foster a culture of safety by participating in a required Abuse Prevention and Sexual Misconduct training on the following:
- Critical components of policies and setting boundaries to prevent abuse and sexual misconduct.
- Setting bandwidths of acceptable behavior.
- Developing and setting clear standards.
- Administrative practices and response to allegations.
- Training staff and volunteers, and engagement of congregation.
Additional optional presentation will include Response to Active Intruders and Emergency Planning. Insurance Board will help ministries gain essential knowledge to equip them with strategies to address:
- Developing an emergency preparedness plan.
- Responding to an active intruder situation.
- Sharing critical resources for churches from the Department of Homeland Security/CISA.
- Information on security funding opportunities for churches from FEMA and DHS.
Saturday, Oct 28th
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Lunch Provided Free of Charge
Jefferson First Presbyterian Church
208 W State St
Jefferson, IA 50129